Monday, December 17, 2012

St. Elmo's 1 Bedroom Model

The model of the 1 bedroom helps elaborate my message a little better. In three dimensions, you can see how open the space is for a 1 bedroom. Even though I set up turns and angles with places to explore it still feels open with room to breath. The orientation of the rooms served to purposes. I wanted St. Elmo's to stay on the historical registry which means that I did not want to move or add any windows that would alter the exterior side of the building. Within this restriction I set for myself, I thought it best to provide the most light to rooms that we may spend the most amount of time in. Access to lighting helps the aesthetics of the apartment allowing wider array of design options and simply being able to add plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment