Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dale Chihuly

Dale Chihuly is an interesting, free form artist with a love for color which is inspiring and exciting. To me, color is like air and necessary for living, so when I stumbled upon his work it instantly captivated me and I chose to research him as an artist for my class presentation. I am not well educated in the finer arts, so this was a monumental discovery for me. With so much color to saturate, and mildy obsess over, I found it difficult to choose what pieces from what exhibition from what museum or art house to highlight as representative of his body of work. Even now I can't help but think about the blue reeds in the garden or the sun inspired, tangled mess of spiraled glass displayed right now at the Seattle Center. This was a laborious and fun project.

No comments:

Post a Comment