Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Process of Abstract Thinking

After studying Dale Chihuly I chose an orange lily for my inspiration object because his work made me think organic and in color. The line and structure he uses is wild and free, yet somehow captured and tamed for art.
I began my analysis by identifying the principles and elements of design in the orange lily that are innate in nature. What follows in consequetive posts are the processes by which I derived the concept of an abstract seat and shelter for a person.

The second object analysis became a more formal drawing of my inspiration object complete with transverse and sagittal sections of the orange lily.

I sketched out what I took to be the components of Dale Chihuly's artwork and considered how I could relate these same concepts in my abstractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment